Golf Course Communities Guides
Discover the top-rated golf course communities in Williamsburg, Virginia. Read through each of our detailed neighborhood pages to get diverse knowledge that will help you decide on getting that perfect home!
Golf Course Communities in Williamsburg, VA
Golf Communities are a favorite for luxury home buyers looking for a new home in Williamsburg, Virginia. The city boasts a fantastic selection of private golf clubs with accompanying subdivisions developed alongside the course. We’ve compiled a list of these communities with detailed insights for each location, showcasing amenities, available real estate, and specific course information.
Kingsmill is a refined golf resort sitting along the banks of the James River in the southern portion of Williamsburg, Virginia. The resort offers two 18-hole golf courses featuring breathtaking river backdrops. The River Course, designed by architect Pete Dye, offers a distinct design that adds subtle challenges that are sure to provide an unforgettable round of golf. The Plantation Course, on the other hand, offers more generous fairways during its early holes, perfect for players of all skill levels.
Ford’s Colony is a vast golf complex featuring state-of-the-art facilities and three world-class golf courses. The club hosts regular events and tournaments that fully utilize its 54 holes. Blackheath Course is arguably one of the most challenging, with bunkers in all holes and water features in 13 of them. The Blue Heron Course is the longest of the three and offers enjoyable par 3s and par 5s, perfect for beginner and intermediate players. Lastly, the Marsh Hawk Course provides another challenging design with narrow fairways and well-placed obstacles.
The Two Rivers Country Club is a private club within Governors Land’s exclusive riverfront golf community. The club is home to an 18-hole championship course designed by renowned architect Tom Fazio to fully leverage the over 1,000 yards of river frontage the area offers.
The layout of Stonehouse Golf Course was created to blend seamlessly with the surrounding natural landscape, making it an unforgettable experience for golfers of all skill levels. This 18-hole course raises the standard for the true definition of a superb golfing experience in Virginia with Laid over lush, tumbling hills, with the natural splendor of virgin hardwoods and hollies serving as its scenic backdrop,
The Colonial Heritage Golf Club is a beautiful club home to an artfully crafted golf course designed by architect Arthur Hills. The par-72 championship course offers 18 challenging holes with over 6,889 yards of play spread between 11 tees. The high tee count provides ample opportunity for players of varying skill levels to enjoy a good round that will be pretty memorable.
Williamsburg, VA Real Estate Information
10 Real Estate Facts About Williamsburg, VA Golf Course Communities
- Homes in Williamsburg, VA, golf communities boast picturesque surroundings with lovely views of the emerald green courses.
- Homes here primarily cater to luxury home buyers looking for spacious single-family homes with multiple bedrooms and grand living areas perfect for entertaining guests.
- These residences also are meticulously maintained to ensure the community retains its aesthetic quality.
- Aside from the actual course, these neighborhoods also feature many amenities, including spas, resorts, playgrounds, clubhouses, etc. Please visit each golf community page to get more information about each location.
- If you’re looking for a community home to a private marina, you may want to check out Governor’s Land and Kingsmill.
- Homes in Kingsmill typically range between the low $400,000s to $800,000 for its mid-range homes and $1.4 million to $2 million-plus for its estate-style residences.
- If you’re interested in a house in Ford’s Colony, you can expect to pay anywhere between the high $400,000s to $800,000 range.
- The Governor’s Land at Two Rivers features homes priced between the $500,000 and the high $1 million range.
- Colonial Heritage offers a selection of newly built homes priced between the mid $300,000s to high $500,000s.
- The real estate portfolio of Stonehouse offers reasonably-priced residences valued between $250,000 to $900,000.
Latest Homes for Sale in Williamsburg, VA Golf Course Communities
Williamsburg, VA Golf Course Communities Map
Williamsburg Golf Communities are scattered across the city. Ford Colony is located in the city center, about 6 minutes away and roughly 2.5 miles southwest of Warhill Sports Complex. Kingsmill is positioned south of Williamsburg, approximately 3.6 miles southwest of Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Meanwhile, Governors Land is an aesthetically-gorgeous golf course on the banks of the scenic James River. In contrast, Colonial Heritage is nestled in the northern segment of the city, roughly less than 30 minutes from the city center. The nearest landmark adjacent to Colonial Heritage is the American Heritage RV Park, located approximately 3.7 miles north of the course.
Williamsburg, VA Golf Course Communities Interactive Map
Click on any neighborhood for a brief introduction
Ready to take the next step?
I pride myself on knowing the neighborhood. I live here, I work here, I volunteer here, and I raise my family here. Buying a home is much more involved than selecting a house…it’s choosing a community to put down roots. It’s about discovering a lifestyle that fits. We love to share our deep knowledge of the area with our clients and help them find the perfect community to call home.
Who Lives in Williamsburg, VA
Things to do in Williamsburg, VA Golf Course Communities
Schools in Williamsburg, VA Golf Course Communities
|James River Elementary School||K - 5||Public|
|D J Montague Elementary School||PK - 5||Public|
|Queens Lake Middle School||6 - 8||Public|
|Lois Hornsby Middle School||6 - 8||Public|
|Jamestown High School||9 - 12||Public|
|Lafayette High School||9 - 12||Public|